The Women’s Council of Greater Baton Rouge is proud to announce that the 2017 “Women! A Week-Long Celebration” will take place October 6th – October 15th. After a trying past year, Baton Rouge celebrates its 200th Anniversary, and Women’s Council celebrates the contributions of the many women who make our city the strong, vibrant community it is today. While the work to get back into our homes continues, we come together to get to know our neighbors and our city—to sample the rich variety Baton Rouge has to offer its citizens. “Women! A Week-Long Celebration” is the gift of the Women’s Council along with our Patrons, Sponsors and Presenters to the women of the Greater Baton Rouge Community. This exceptional event is eagerly anticipated each year, and we want you to be part of the celebration. Here are the ways you can participate:
- Patrons are those wonderful people and organizations who contribute the essential money, goods or services that make Women’s Week possible. Women’s Week is a great way to showcase your organization or business in the community. With over 150 diverse activities and our signature ActivityGuide distributed to 15,000 people, this event is a wonderful opportunity for publicity, promotion and synergy. Many Patron levels provide the opportunity to present or sponsor activities. Your “PatronContract” must be mailed to us or submitted online with your payment by June 15, 2017 to guarantee your recognition in the Activity Guide.
- Activity Sponsors are those who provide the registration fees for activities. Patron privileges include complementary activities that can be used by the Patron or donated to worthy activities or organizations.
- Presenters are those who entertain, educate and enrich us by sharing their skills and knowledge when they give the classes, talks and demonstrations available during Women’s Week. If you have events that you would like to present, submit a registration form for each activity by June 15, 2017 for committeere view and approval. Forms are included with this packet or available on our website atwww.WomensWeekBR.org.
- Participants are those who attend activities to sample crafts, dance, exercise and food; learn about available services; and explore subjects and organizations they’ve always been curious about. OnceParticipants select activities they wish to attend, they must RSVP using the contact information provided.And after each activity, Participants help us plan future events by giving us valuable feedback on cards provided at the event or by e-mail to Activity@WomensWeekBR.org.
- Ambassadors are Women’s Council members or representatives who are present at an event to direct and welcome attendees, provide information about Women’s Council and Women’s Week and obtain information and feedback for evaluation of the event.
Best of all, you can participate in all these ways. Join us! Together, we can make a positive impact in the Greater Baton Rouge community with this very special event by women and for women. Please call (225) 302-8018 Ext. 3 or email Activity@WomensWeekBR.org if you have questions or need additional information about “Women! A Week-Long Celebration.” Sincerely, Sherie Thomas, Women’s Week Chair For more information, contact us at: Activity@Women’sWeekBR.org