The Women's Council of Greater Baton Rouge is proud to announce the 2017 "Women! A Week-Long Celebration" will take place October 6th ? October 15th. After a trying past year, Baton Rouge celebrates its 200th Anniversary, and Women's Council celebrates the contributions of the many women who make our city the strong, vibrant community it is today. While the work to get back into our homes and businesses continues, we come together to get to know our neighbors and our city - to sample the rich variety of things Baton Rouge has to offer its citizens.
"Women! A Week-Long Celebration" is the gift of the Women's Council along with our Patrons, Sponsors, and Presenters to the women of the Greater Baton Rouge Community. This exceptional event is eagerly anticipated each year, and we want you to be part of the celebration. Here are the ways you can participate:
- Our Patrons are those wonderful people and organizations who contribute the essential money, goods, or services that Women's Week possible. Women's Week is a great way to showcase your organization or business in the community. With over 150 diverse activities and our signature Activity Booklet distributed to over 15,000 people, this event is a wonderful opportunity for publicity, promotion, and synergy. Many Patron levels provide the opportunity to present or sponsor activities. Your "Patron Contract" (included in this packet) must be mailed to us or submitted online with your payment by June 1, 2017 to guarantee inclusion in the Activity Booklets.
- Our Activity Sponsors are those who provide the registration fees and/or the space for activities to be presented. Many Patron levels come with complementary activities that can be used or donated to worthy activities or organizations. Or you may simply choose to pay and activity fee for yourself or someone else to present an activity.
- Our Presenters are those wonderful people who entertain, educate, and enrich us by sharing their skill and knowledge when they give the classes, talks, and demonstrations that make up over 150 activities available during Women's Week. If you have events that you would like present, please submit a registration form for each activity by June 1, 2017 and submit to by to the committee for approval. Forms are included with this packet or available on our website at www.WomensWeekBR.org.
- Our Participants are those who attend all those activities to gain information; sample crafts, dance, exercise, and food; learn about available services; and explore subjects, areas, and organizations they've always been curious about. Once you select the activities you wish to attend, please RSVP with the contact information provided. And after each activity, please help us plan future events by giving us your valuable feedback on cards provided at the event or on our website.
- Our Ambassasors are Women's Council members or representatives who are present at an event to direct and welcome attendees, provide information about Women's Council and Women's Week, and obtain information and feedback for evaluation of the event.
And the best news is that you can participate in all these ways if you wish to! Join us! And together we can make a positive impact in the Greater Baton Rouge community with this very special event by women, for women. Please feel call (225) 302-8018 Ext. 3 or email activity@Womensweekbr.org if you have questions or need additional information about "Women! A Week-Long Celebration."
Women's Week Chair
For more information, contact: Faye Ferdinand Or Anita White at firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s Week Steering Committee
Women’s Week Chair . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sherie Thomas
Luncheon Committee . . . . . . . . . Monique Moliere Piper
Luncheon Activity Fair . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jaimie Smith
Ticket Committee . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Kristina Shapiro
Activities Committee . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Anita White
Activity Ambassadors Co-Chairs . . . . . . Faye Ferdinand and Tiffany Temple
Social Media/Webmaster . . . . . . . . . . . . DéAnna Ernst
Activity Guide Editor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Lois Folse
Activity Guide Distribution . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jaimie Smith
Women's Council of Greater Baton Rouge
The Council is a network of organizations and individuals committed to enhancing our community by connecting, promoting and empowering women.
The purpose of this organization is to strengthen the bond among women in the greater Baton Rouge area by:
identifying key issues, providing information, pooling resources, encouraging leadership and advocating responsible action addressing the well-being of women in our community
- Providing a forum to discuss platforms important to women including the issues of healthcare, education, family, community, economics, business
- Exploring the role of women in shaping our community
Paula M. Braxton, President
Tiffany Temple, Vice President
Arica Netterville, Secretary
Sydney Lejeune, Treasurer
Anita White, Assistant Treasurer
Faye Ferdinand, Historian
Shana Wolfe Augustus Lois Elisar
Monique Moliere Piper Jaimie Smith
Sherie Phillips Thomas